It's Time to Pray
As the elections approach, Virginia's coordinator for WallBuilders
calls pro-family Virginians to action ... on their knees.
by Sandra Grady
As the campaign for the November elections heats up, we should
be motivated to actively support the candidate of our choice.
The privilege of active involvement in our electoral process is
an honor and great blessing which God gave to all of us as American
As one who has been involved in many on-site projects, I have
been convinced more and more of the necessity for the entire political
campaign and all of those involved to be covered with ongoing
prayer by all citizens. I Timothy 2:1-4 gives us clear direction
about praying for those who govern us. Here are some guidelines
for praying for the very important upcoming elections:
- Pray for the favor and promotion of the candidate of God's
choice. "You have not because you ask not," warns
- Pray that the candidates will humbly seek God's direction
daily and follow only His plans.
- Pray for the availability of adequate resources of volunteers
and finances in order to run an effective campaign.
- Pray for a "clean" campaign by all involved -- in
which the truth will be spoken, revealed and recognized and
- Pray for clear, godly directions, godly attitudes and unity
among the campaign workers. Pray that they will have prayer
meetings and will send out prayer requests to intercessors.
- Pray for the continued health, protection and strength for
the candidates and campaign workers.
- Pray for the health, safety and time priorities for the families
of the candidates and other workers and for a balance in the
schedules to leave room for family needs.
- Pray for all news reporting to be unbiased, of high integrity,
and to speak truth, not lies.
- Continue to pray that all incumbents will live godly lives
and will follow God's counsel.
- Pray that all citizens will be motivated and well-informed
with truth concerning the candidates and will vote as God directs
One of the most successful campaigns
I have ever seen was bathed in prayer from conception to victory.
There was ongoing daily office prayer and weekly (sometimes
daily) prayer faxes and alerts to involved citizens. With limited
finances, this campaign was won "on the knees." Furthermore,
there have been continued morning prayer meetings and weekly
prayer and praise faxes from the nation's Capitol as God continues
to guide and direct His faithful servant.
- Offer praise and thanksgiving for God's mercy, love and faithfulness
to us in the elections.
- Give God glory for His victories.
-- Editor's note: WallBuilders is one of the nation's leading
organizations devoted to intercession for the nation's leaders
Reprinted from The Virginia Citizen, a publication of The Family
Copyright ©1996-2008 Constitution Party of